1. Seven Stages of Pay Per Click Management Optimising the performance of your PPC Campaign 2. PPC Management Pay Per Click market categories are increasingly competitive. More advertisers are using keyword research, specific landing pages and feedback from web analytics to improve the performance of their PPC campaigns. As a result, the better performing keywords
1. Seven Stages of Pay Per Click Management Optimising the performance of your PPC Campaign
2. PPC Management Pay Per Click market categories are increasingly competitive. More advertisers are using keyword research, specific landing pages and feedback from web analytics to improve the performance of their PPC campaigns. As a result, the better performing keywords are becoming more expensive, leading to click inflation. This presentation should help you understand the key aspects of setting up and managing a successful pay per click campaign in order to optimise your performance. This presentation will help with generic PPC as well as setting up a campaign with Google Adwords or Yahoo Search Marketing. © Simply Clicks, March 2011
3. 1. Research Category 6. Review Performance 5. Build Landing Pages 4. Organise Bids 3. Write Copy 2. Plan & Structure 7. Amend, Tune & Test 7 Stages of PPC Management
4. Research Your Market Category Customers, Competitors, Keywords The buying process Core keywords Long tail keywords Website analytics Volumes, values, margins Conversion is key Local vs. National vs. International
5. Plan & Structure Campaign The Search marketing mix Budgets Campaigns Ad groups Keywords Match types Landing pages
6. Write Advertising Copy Matching copy to keywords Crucial for Click Thru Rate Tailored Ad Groups Use all four lines Headline Copy lines Display URL Call to action or USP Minimise keyword insertion
7. Organise Bidding Understand value of clicks Know value of conversions Quality Score is key Set up a keyword match hierarchy Bid more only when Quality Score is high Reduce bids if conversion cost is unprofitable
8. Select & Build Landing Pages Send click traffic to most appropriate page Build if one does not exist Keep the landing page simple Focus on achieving goals Ecommerce sales Lead generation Eliminate distractions Learn from successful landing pages
9. Track & Review Performance Establish key metrics PPC reports and analytics Cost per click (CPC) Click through rate (CTR) Conversions Cost per conversion Cost per sale What is target ROI?
10. Amend, Test & Tune Look for conversion winners and replicate components Look for blockages and eliminate Eliminate negative terms Test different keywords Test different copy Test different landing pages Test different bid levels
11. Pay Per Click Management Simply Clicks has been managing Pay Per Click campaigns since 2003. We manage client budgets in a range from £1,200 to £300,000 per annum. As pay per click specialists we can generally make significant savings over an in-house managed PPC campaign. At the cost per click level, savings of up to 70% are not unusual. At the conversion level we can do even better. More importantly, several of our clients have used our pay per click management services and PPC training courses to transform the scale and profitability of their business.